Monday, March 23, 2009

Fan quote o' the day


"As a Maple Leaf Fan I am tired of supporting all the other teams in the NHL with my money."


- Joe Leafpack
In the Toronto Star


Not really sure how this applies to what's going on with the poor Canadiens or anything else for that matter, but I'm feeling this dude. The Leafs do subsidize the existence of much of the NHL, places big, small, even the size of Montreal. Seriously, I do hope all works out in "The Beautiful Province". I mean the Canadiens are taken just about as seriously in that place as hating Ontario. Maybe a Quebecer will finally step up and put some money with their mouth is? A major cultural entity is at stake. Nevermind its 100th birthday, making the next 10 years could be difficult if someone doesn't cut a great big cheque.

Memo to Quebec: Buy your friggin' hockey team!

No comments:

Post a Comment